"St. Mary's Catholic Church stood at Eight and Ellsworth on property donated by the Monteith brothers. It was dedicated on August 17, 1898 by Archbishop William Gross. The church was a reproduction in wood, both inside and out, of an Abbey Church in France. Albany lost this magnificent landmark in Oregon 1989 as a result of a tragic fire."
Text excerpt from Remembering When - A Photo Collection of Historic Albany, Oregon, by Robert Potts (8). Photo from the collection of Lisa L. Jones.
Back to Catholic
Back to Photos